16 June 2017

Some words on what is about to follow

On 6 December 2016 I officially began contra-hormonal therapy (both estradiol and aldactone). Three days later I wrote and posted to Facebook the first of an irregularly regular (or vice versa) series of essays titled Trans 101 With Julie.

Contrary to the title, these are really less a primer on the trans experience meant to give generalisations to the public as they are a diary of my journey of my particular journey through my transition.

To date I have written maybe a dozen essays, of which nine have been uploaded to my Facebook, totaling some thirty thousand words. The essays are many things...intensely personal, occasionally harrowing, and often optimistic. For people who know me, the essays include some fairly dry, droll humour and a load of pop culture references that are almost never pre-thought out, and just happen in the flow of prose.

I've been asked repeatedly to post them to a blog, and of course I have this blog here, which I have not updated since...well, since I started hormones. I've wanted to, of course, but I generally do not run at a surfeit of spoons, so thinking about it and wanting to do it are generally all I have been able to do.

Today I am going to upload the first of the series of essays, and over the next several days I'll be posting one a day until I am caught up with the essays that have already been posted.

After the backlog is cleared, I will post them here on a one for one basis.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment