17 October 2015

Some Brief Thoughts on The Girl Who Died

Tomorrow I'll be doing a much more in depth post about this week's episode of Doctor Who, but for now, I want to post some brief thoughts and snippets.  This is by nature spoiler-iffic, so if you haven't watched yet, for the love of all that is holy, don't read on.









Here we go.









We've been waiting for the Maisie Williams episode since it was announced she'd be appearing, and now we find out it's at least 2 eps.  I say it that way because there's word that Ashildr will play a major part in the rest of the series this year, and with hybrid being memed this year, I can see why that'd be the case.  She did wonderfully, and I really liked seeing her outside of Game of Thrones.

As a lover of Norse lore, I loved the episode in general.  I'm not entirely keen on the costume for Space!Odin, and I'll be honest and say I wish Brian Blessed played him, but I can't complain too much.  The sets were wonderful, the costuming appropriately grotty, and it's such a Doctor thing to do to win a battle without firing a shot.

So many callbacks to past Doctors, too...Third Doctor lines, Seventh Doctor lines, and the huge one, which I won't mention because it gives away so much, but finally answers the question we've all wondered since Deep Breath in Series 8.

I can't wait to talk about this in more depth after a rewatch in HD, when I can see and hear it better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment