08 November 2015

A lost weekend...but not really...

I had a lot of plans for this weekend...and there's some I may still get to.  By and large, however, most of my weekend has been spent...doing other things than I expected.  This isn't wholly bad, mind...just a touch disappointing.

For example, outside of my review, I didn't get any writing done.  But at least I know where the stories are going, so I can get in there tomorrow or Tuesday when I am off and get some good work done.

I haven't watched either the Anathema concert video or the new Ghost in the Shell movie.

I've read Spider Gwen 0, but not Paper Girls.

I did get my exercise in last night, and I'm about to get tonight's in.

I did end up getting my first (in a long time) driving lesson on a manual transmission.  Considering I only stalled out once, I did OK.

I also spent some time with a dear friend of mine trying to fix her Macbook Pro keyboard, drinking maple decaf latte and eating a cranberry muffin.  And I got a 'Hey gorgeous' from the shop owner as she was rushing out to meet somewhere.

I've had a rough few weeks...not that I am sure you can see it here in the blog.  I'm still figuring out what my boundaries are...and boundaries are an issue for me, because I am a massive empath and I take on other people's problems.  And when that happens 4 or 5 or 6 times at the same time, Julie begins to melt down.  She had a minor one last night, just curling up and crying because she was overwhelmed.  I don't want to let anyone down, but I have to take care of myself.  And I have a hard time balancing that.

So now it's 7:35 pm, which means an hour of exercise to Anathema's 'Closer' (because it has a good steady beat I can sync to), and then...I don't know, to be honest.  I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment