12 November 2015

Comics for the kid in Julie's heart...






If I am reading the Marvel Previews book I got yesterday with my purchases correctly...


The Mighty Thor #1: still female, looks like she's a cancer patient?  In with 1.  Even though I have a feeling some of it will be hella hard for me to real.



Ms. Marvel #1: Still Kamala, which makes me happy as a happy thing.  And apparently a member of the Avengers now?  In.






Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1: I remember the original back in *mumbles*!  This is such a flash from the past.  Big red dino and stuff?  So in.


Silk #1: Another female Spider-person?  If it's half as good as Spider-Gwen, I am in like a really in thing.

Plus I'm aware that Ultimate Spiderman is Miles Morales, Captain America in the Spider-Gwen book is a black female, the preview book didn't have anything about Captain Marvel, which I'll be starting with her first new book because Carol Danvers kicks ass, and there's a new Hulk who is Asian.

Marvel's not playing around with the diversity thing.  I just hope it lasts.  I'd actually buy Marvel books more often if they stuck with it.

Then there's Aftershock's new line of books...two of which look intriguing.  One is called SuperZero, about a girl who dreams she's a superhero, and I guess her adventures and misadventures.  The other, in a more risqué titling, is InSexts, about a pair of Victorian women who happen to be in love with each other, are touched by the supernatural, and looks like something this fan of Vastra and Jenny would really go for.




Added to my regular pull list...

Rat Queens
Bitch Planet
8House
The Spire
Radioactive Spider-Gwen
X-Files
Angela Queen of Hel

And the hopes of a second Infinite Loop series.

And the fact that FINALLY this fall they're releasing a TPB of the first Lady Mechanika series (0-5)

There's a lot of good stuff coming, or out there, if you like diversity in characters and strong female leads.  You just have to look...and ask.  I am super thankful for my FLCBS, who looks after me and makes sure I hear about things I might like based on my buying history.  They're seriously the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment