24 November 2015

Tuesday Afternoon...(Octet for Chamber Orchestra, Op. 18)

...it had to happen one of these days, didn't it?

Yesterday was a Monday.  And that should say it all.  My boss was my boss, and that should say it all.  I got a dozen phone calls and 4 texts from him AFTER I got out of work.  Boundaries, we have none.  Or rather he has none.  C'est a vie.

Sunday on the other hand had been a productive day.  I got my Who review written, I got 3 of my new comics read (I will post something about them under separate cover), I got some writing done (yay writing!), and I filmed my vlog (which was hella rough).  I also spent the night creating an album cover based on a comment from a friend about a pic I had taken (after filming my vlog, hence my sadness in the photo), which was a lot of fun.  The cover making, not the picture taking after talking about hard things.  Here, take a look:


The bottom text is 'Songs of Sorrow' in French because I love French.  The song titles are all made up, except for the last one, because if I ever made an album, I would totally cover Nick Drake's River Man.  And there's a hidden Easter egg in the numbers on the label, if you look closely and figure it out.  I tried doing it in B&W, but it lost something majorly.




Writing:  I knocked out around 2200 words or so, giving me a quandary:

Story 1, which is and will always be Story 1, remains as it is, I'll be working on it today, and it's currently around 5000 words.  I won't give a guess on final length because I am always wrong.

Story 2/3 was the quandary.  Story 2 ends at an interesting point, and would actually make a subtle 'what happens next' kind of thing.  But story 3 picks up maybe 15 minutes later, and continues the themes and characters and discussions.  It >could< stand alone, but is strengthened by Part I.  Uncertain of what to do, I spent a good deal of time last night talking with one of the Basement Circle (a group of writers from the GB basement, where the fiction section is), and she convinced me to stitch them together, not that it takes work to do so.  So instead of a 4000 word short and a probably going to end up 7-8000 word short, I've got an 8700 word short that'll close out in excess of 12K words.

If you're gonna go, go big.

These are both parts of what I am calling 'Tessa Tales,' stories about my character Tessa-Five and her life.  I am learning as much more about her as I am the other characters in her motley band, and I find that fascinating.

~~~//\\~~~

I may or may not have been naughty last night.

I may or may not have gone and posted memes and Malcolm X photos on a bunch of white supremacist FB pages, as well as the fake white student union Facebook Pages.

I may have used the word Mayo.

I may have used the word Boy.

I may have used them in succession.

I mean, I may not have...but I may have.

Now I wait to see what happens.

There is no dialogue to be had with these people.  They only understand violence and hate.  So I combat with humour and stuff they can't stand.

Now the waiting begins...

~~~//\\~~~

To close things off, here's a bit of World of Warcraft geekery, inspired by my friend Jenn and a pic post she made from the Carolina Ren Fest of a barbarian.  I couldn't resist trying to recreate the look...

Hello.  I am here to ruin your day.  No need for an orderly line, please just stay in your groups.  It's easier for me that way.




No comments:

Post a Comment