22 November 2015

Julie's adventures in Timewalking the Cataclysm

This weekend was Cataclysm Timewalking in WoW.  I need my adges for mounts and pets!  Plus a shot at that sexy sexy infinite drake mount.  So I went in and here were my experiences.

Stonecore.  Cheese and rice, I got this first.  The worm boss (Corborus), no probs.  Slabhide, no probs.  Trash meading up to Ozruk, no probs.  Ozruk...

Probs.

We broke ourselves against his body big time.  I assume this is how it was in Cata...I never ran dungeons or heroics in Cata, so...lack of confidence did me in then.  So it was neat to experience kinda what it was like.

End boss...the Twilight Cult one (Azil)...a lot of fun.  Always blew her up on carries, so again, seeing the mechanics was a blast.  I really enjoyed this one.

Throne of Tides.  I got one shot by a lot of 1 shot mechanics on a bunch of the bosses...but I didn't care.  Neither did anyone else apparently.  Other than one shots, it was a smooth run.  We skipped Mindbender, and still got credit for the full dungeon.  I really liked this one a lot.

Grim Batol.  I cringed when I saw this one.  I really did.  I was sure we'd be in for probs.  But we cleared through pretty easily.  I loved doing the drake ride for reals this time.  The ettin boss was a snap.  As was the orc that jumped on the dragon back.  General Umbriss wasn't hard either.  I died on Erudax from something, but beyond that, fun times, and not as scary as I feared.

End Time.  This was my first today.  We got Emerald/Azure/Bronze, which makes us pretty lucky.  No probs with Emerald, either with trash or Tyrande.  Azure was a different story, as we had major issues with the trash...but Jaina dropped very easily.  Dodged every ice thing, thank you very much.

Which left Murozond, and I was worried how it would go.  Fortunately we had a good time turner, and we took him down with ease.

Enraged Ozruk!  And Julie is (just) topping meters!


Stonecore (again).  This run is what I feared the first time.  Tank died multiple times on one shot mechanic on Corborus.  Tank does on crystal barrage on Slabhide.  Tank died to shatter on Ozruk.  Only boss he didn't die on was High Priestess Azil...but I did, being tossed right into a gravity well and dying instantly.

15 bosses, no mount.  At least it's a chance on each boss.

Soon my lovely...soon you'll be mine.  How I've waited for an Infinite Drake mount...

No comments:

Post a Comment